The people who live here are what makes Everyone Village special. On this page, we feature some of the creative contributions shared by members of the community.
Everyone Village TikTok
Elizabeth Diamond Deffenbaugh is the creative talent behind the Everyone Village TikTok account.
View from the Village Blog
Our resident blogger prefers to remain anonymous and write under a pseudonym. His regular articles are the most popular feature on our website and receive the most positive comments from people throughout Lane County.
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Hobos (More Lessons From E!V)I hope you don’t mind the title. I tend to not care about terminological sensitivity. I don’t mind hobo, bum, tramp, homeless as quick terms to label my fellow street veterans.I guess it is inContinue reading “The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Hobos (More Lessons From E!V)”
- When is a Kitchen Not a Kitchen?In the last post, I touched on the idea, not one of my own by the way, that the skills that help you survive on the street are not the same skills that will allowContinue reading “When is a Kitchen Not a Kitchen?”
- The Omen: Whiteaker EditionBefore we get into specific lessons, I wanted to talk about an omen I experienced before I moved into E1V. I am not totally superstitious about these things, like I don’t think everything I hearContinue reading “The Omen: Whiteaker Edition”
- The Lessons of Everyone Village (Part One)One of the great things for me about living here in E1V is how different it has been from every place I have ever lived before, and with this newness, came the slow dawning realizationContinue reading “The Lessons of Everyone Village (Part One)”
- You Mean I Haven’t Been Kicked Out Yet?These blog posts are so funny. It always turns out the same way, you know, like I start off writing one thing: I have an idea what I’m going to do, how I’m going toContinue reading “You Mean I Haven’t Been Kicked Out Yet?”
- The Fetal Glass of BeerThe latest installment of the “View from the Village” blog provides a glimpse into what it was like living in at a high-barrier shelter during the 2020/2021 pandemic lockdown.
- Space Blur: Moving in For RealI was in the orange one.
- Moving In: Release the Hope Balloons!If you read the last post, you know that there was a lot of turmoil and doubt going through my mind in the weeks leading up to moving to Everyone Village. This drama was partiallyContinue reading “Moving In: Release the Hope Balloons!”
- Mr. In-Between Gets to YesWhen we left off at the last blog post, I had just gone to a meeting with Heather from Everyone Village that cheered me up. And it made me feel like I was going toContinue reading “Mr. In-Between Gets to Yes”
- First Contact (Part 3) Conclusion (Finally!)Mon 31 Jan 2022 08:01:09 AM PST If I am going to sum up the last two parts of this post I would describe them as a plea for understanding a mindset that on theContinue reading “First Contact (Part 3) Conclusion (Finally!)”
- First Contact (Part 2)Wed 26 Jan 2022 12:08:56 PM PST So last blog post, originally, I was going to write about how I first heard about the folks at Everyone Village and how I came to live there.Continue reading “First Contact (Part 2)”
- First Contact (Part 1)Mon 17 Jan 2022 09:53:47 AM PST Note to reader: This post which is about how I first came to hear about Everyone Village was originally going to have a couple of paragraphs about attitude.Continue reading “First Contact (Part 1)”
- Meet the ScrapperMeet the Scrapper Hi, I’m the Scrapper. I live at Everyone Village. Scrapper isn’t my real name or my street name. I don’t even have a street name. That is how poor I am. IContinue reading “Meet the Scrapper”