>> back to Villager Application Page
All people working and volunteering at Everyone Village agree to upholding the Village Code of Ethics:
- We will frame decision-making around the values of the organization to foster belonging, creativity, bravery, integrity, and realness.
- We will recognize the boundaries of our own level of training and skills and will avoid misrepresentation of our own qualifications.
- We will be aware of our own level of functioning to the extent that we will be able to notice when our own personal problems could potentially interfere with our ability to carry out the mission.
- We will be good neighbors to people inside and outside of the village.
- We will respect community social codes and moral expectations, realizing that gross violations of those codes may involve partners or Villagers in damaging personal conflicts, as well as damage the image of the Village.
- We will continually safeguard the confidentiality of other Villagers and will not release any information obtained in the Village without proper consent unless an immediate life-threatening situation overrides this discretion.
- We will not discriminate against others on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, political views, housing status, or sexual orientation.
- We will not attempt to proselytize persons who hold beliefs other than our own.
- We will strive to preserve the dignity and honor due to every human being regardless of physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual condition.
- We will not inflict help.
- We will maintain integrity and objectivity in striving for the highest standards in service offered by the community.
- We realize we carry a marked responsibility because our work may intimately touch the lives of other human beings.