EveryOne Church is a unique, entrepreneurial ministry that has been launched in Eugene to care for the unhoused. The primary expression of the church is Everyone Village, which consists of a 3.5-acre parcel where a variety of wrap-around services are provided to Villagers.
The principal role of the AA is to provide structural administrative support to the Team Leader and the staff of the Village. While this is a “task-oriented” role, the AA always must place an emphasis on relationships, because this is the heart-beat of our community. Like every member of the staff team, the AA should engage people in a holistic way that helps to build authenticity and trust.
Holistic care is vital, because the people we serve typically come from backgrounds filled with trauma. Our goal is to offer essential resources, so Villagers will have the opportunity to flourish in every dimension of life: physically, mentally, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually. Our desire to help people flourish is not focused solely on the Villagers, but also on the people and organizations serving alongside us.
The AA plays a pivotal role with a new organization, in a new and growing Village, so the successful individual must be able to adapt to changing circumstances and realities, and be willing to embrace new responsibilities as needed. In many cases, the AA will be helping the Team Leader & Wing-person to establish foundational systems, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Champion of vision, values, and culture of EveryOne Church & Village
- Ability to work in harmony with and serve a broad spectrum of humans
- Exceptional model of personal integrity
- Demonstrated organizational abilities
While some specific responsibilities are spelled out later in this job description, the AA should tackle her/his duties with the following over-arching priorities in mind:
- Congeniality – working with a wide variety of personalities / temperaments is challenging. Maintaining a respectful & welcoming disposition toward others, even under stress, is essential.
- Timeliness – Many aspects of this job are deadline driven. The AA must be a good time-manager to ensure that critical deadlines are met.
- Accuracy – Whether proofreading a document, reviewing statistics, scheduling meetings, or entering information into the E1 database, an attention to detail is extremely important.
- Judgment – This is a multi-faceted role, so the AA often will be challenged to properly balance competing priorities. Exercising good judgment about what to do, and when to do it, is crucial for success.
- Confidentiality – The AA is in a position to learn personal information about people and sensitive organizational issues. All such information must be treated with confidentiality.
Essential Functions //
- Oversee the daily operations of the Church/Village office.
- Create and maintain an Excel database of our E1C staff, core team, community partners, vendors, and other key contacts. Ensure that this database is backed-up to an external storage device weekly.
- Develop and maintain a Team Calendar where all meetings and gatherings (both onsite and offsite) are listed.
- Compile an inventory of basic office supplies and re-order/shop as necessary.
- Serve as the primary liaison with our Bookkeeper. Ensure that all bills, invoices, receipts, and deposits which come to the office are properly processed.
- Oversee and securely maintain all Personnel and Villager intake files.
- Assist the Team Leader with coordination of the on-site visits from our partner organizations.
- Assist the Team Leader with coordination of volunteers.
- Provide basic admin support to the Site Leads and other staff.
- Provide any needed admin support to Villager service teams.
- Assist the Team Leader in ensuring that good communication systems are in place for connecting with both staff and Villagers.
- Work with the E1 Wingman to process all new employee paperwork.
- Longer term: Work with the Wingman and Bookkeeper to transition to a new time-keeping and payroll system.
- As needed, schedule meetings and appointments on behalf of the Team Leader.
- Assume any other administrative tasks as assigned by the Team Leader.
- As an active participant in the life of E1 Church, the AA is encouraged to find other areas (apart from specific paid duties) where she/he can volunteer to serve.
40 hours per week at $25/hour. Paychecks are issued via direct deposit on the 15th and last day of each month. Eligible for PTO (paid time off) for sickness, holidays, and personal days. Enrollment in EveryOne Church EAP. Covered under the EveryOne Church Workers’ Compensation policy.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
Position requires standing, walking, twisting, and bending. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds. Simple grasping and hand manipulation required as well as reaching above and below shoulder level.
The statements listed are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and requirements. This does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Date Revised June 9, 2022.